Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Appreciation.


“Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough” 



There are certain things in life that I never really appreciated, such as the changing of seasons. I mean when you live in Ohio for so long you get use to summer tuning into fall and the winter and spring and its on repeat year after year. Well down here in Florida the seasons don't really change, I have been told that the weather will change to super hot to mild hot to semi cold. No color changes in the leaves, no vibrant reds, yellows and oranges. Just bright green palm trees, which are amazing don't get me wrong and at sun set they do kinda look like the palms are changing colors:) This probably sounds a lot like I am complaining, but how can I complain about being able to lay out by the pool at the end of September!
Laying out in SEPTEMBER say what?!?
Although this picture was taken last week it is still hot enough to go swimming here in the sunshine state.

I was thinking though, I might just be home sick. I mean I have live in Ohio for 20 years, and then I just picked up and moved. Baltimore, Chicago, Miami and now Sarasota! I honestly never thought I would miss my little town but I do. Of course we are going to visit and stuff but I miss my friends and Alex's family and the rest of my family. 

Does this get easier? 
Its so bitter-sweet. I guess we will find out. I know Alex misses Ohio, and I know he wants to move back but we cant afford it right now, our little bundle of joy has to come 1st and so that is what we are doing. Who knows maybe this time next year the three of us will have a cute little house back up north. 

God only knows the journey we have ahead of us. 

Time for a little more relaxing in the pool. Ive got some more exciting news to share a little later! 

Until next time.


XOXOX
Mandi:)

No comments:

Post a Comment